Grant Funds Available for Small Businesses
Thanks to generous support from Business Oregon, Trailhead is offering a limited number of grants for qualifying small businesses impacted by COVID-19. Grants will be awarded on a qualifying basis as outlined by Business Oregon and will range between $1,000 and $25,000 depending on the size of the business.
Trailhead is currently able to accept applications from businesses headquartered in Washington, Clackamas, and Deschutes counties. Thanks to a great response from our local Portland businesses, Business Oregon grant funds for Multnomah county have been exhausted.
All applications are due to Trailhead by no later than Friday, September 11, 2020, and grants will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis.
This grant is for a business that meets all of the following eligibility requirements:
- The Business is headquartered in Oregon and has its principal operations in Oregon.
- If required by Oregon law to be registered with the Oregon Secretary of State to do business in Oregon, the Business is so registered.
- The Business has 25 or fewer employees.
- The Business was adversely affected in either one of the following two ways:
- For-profit and non-profit (limited to 501(c)(3) corporations) businesses that were prohibited from operation as directed by Executive Order 20-12.
- For-profit businesses that can demonstrate a one-month decline in sales greater than 50% in the month of March 2020 or April 2020 as compared against sales in the month of January 2020 or February 2020. Those non-profit businesses (limited to 501(c)(3) corporations) that can demonstrate a decline in revenue greater than50% across the months of March 2020 and April 2020 as compared against the same period of time in 2019.
- The Business that has been unable to access federal CARES Act funds including:
- The Paycheck Protection Program (PPP);
- Small Business Administrations’ (SBA) Economic Injury Disaster Loan Emergency Advance program (EIDL); or
- Other federal programs to date for emergency pandemic funding.
How to Apply
If you meet the above the eligibility requirements and would like to start your grant application, please complete this pre-application form.
You may review the State of Oregon COVID-19 Emergency Business Grant Application for complete details.
Trailhead is currently able to accept applications from businesses headquartered in Washington, Clackamas, and Deschutes counties. All applications are due to Trailhead by no later than Friday, September 11, 2020.
About the Program
Businesses within our service area have been allocated funds to help support their recovery from the financial effects of COVID-19. These funds are part of a $5,000,000 allocation Business Oregon is overseeing of General Fund monies by the Oregon Legislature and the Governor in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Grants will be awarded on a qualifying basis as outlined by Business Oregon and will range between $1,000 and $25,000 depending on the size of the business.
The COVID-19 Emergency Business Grant Program is a collaboration between Point West Credit Union, Central Willamette Credit Union, Consolidated Community Credit Union, Trailhead Credit Union and Business Oregon. As a Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI), Trailhead is working with Business Oregon to help deploy a portion of these grant funds.