Trailhead’s new Online Banking system means easier navigation, more features, improved design, and a unified experience across desktop and mobile devices.
- If you need technical assistance with Online Banking, please call 503-220-2592, and select option 8.
- If you have used Trailhead’s Mobile Banking app, the new Online Banking system will look very familiar to you. If you have not yet used Mobile Banking, now is a great time to download the app.
Step-By-Step Instructions for the First Time You Log In
If you have NOT previously registered with our Mobile Banking app you will need to register the first time you log into Online Banking by clicking “New User Registration”:
- To begin, visit www.trailheadcu.org and click “LOGIN”, found at the top of any page.
- Click “New User Registration”.
- Review and accept the Terms & Conditions.
- Enter your
- 6-digit account number
- Last 4 digits of your SSN
- Your date of birth
- Confirm your username and enter your Online Banking password.
- Select your Primary Account. This will be the first account displayed on the Accounts screen. Most people choose their checking account.
- Once registration is complete, you can log in with your username and password.
What Isn’t Changing
- Your username and password will remain the same.
- Quicken / QuickBooks using “Web Connect” manual download: If you use Quicken or QuickBooks and link to Trailhead Online Banking via a manual download (“Web Connect”), you will need to back up your data prior to March 14. Then, you will need to update your Quicken or QuickBooks software configuration on or after 10:00 AM on March 15. Please follow these instructions and procedures:
- Quicken/QuickBooks Online Edition using One-Step Update/Express Web Connect: If you use Express Web Connect for Quicken or QuickBooks Online Edition, aggregation services may be interrupted for up to a week and will be available on or after March 22. Please follow these instructions and procedures:
- Mint: Mint aggregation services may be interrupted for up to a week after the upgrade and will be available on or after March 22.
The following features, most of which can also be found on the Mobile Banking app, are new to Online Banking:
Picture Pay allows you to pay bills by simply snapping a photo of the bill.
Cards On/Off lets you switch your Debit or Credit cards on and off with the click of a button. If your card has been lost or stolen and you need it deactivated ASAP, you can deactivate your card through Online Banking. Or, for increased security, keep your card turned off until you are ready to use it.
Account Alerts will send you emails when certain activities happen on your account.