Mobile Deposit FAQ
Frequently Asked Questions about Mobile Deposit
Q. What is Mobile Deposit?
A. Mobile Deposit is a simple way to use a smartphone to deposit checks into your checking account.
Q. How do I access Mobile Deposit?
A. There is a link on our Mobile Banking app that will display for all members eligible for Mobile Deposit.
Q. Are all members eligible for Mobile Deposit?
A. No. To be eligible, members must have:
- Membership for at least 30 days
- Consumer Account (not available for business accounts)
- Account in good standing
- Our Mobile App for Apple or Android.
Q. What are the Mobile Deposit limits?
A. $5000 per check and per day. $10,000 per calendar month.
Q. How will I know the deposit worked?
A. Deposits will show up in your account immediately. If you are not sure if it worked, please check your account transactions in mobile banking before trying again. You will receive Immediate credit of up to $1500 per day. The balance of the credit is subject to normal holds (like the ATM).
Q. What types of checks cannot be deposited?
A. Unacceptable deposits include:
- Any item that is stamped with a “non-negotiable” watermark
- Any item that contains evidence of alteration to the information on the check
- Any item issued by a financial institution in a foreign country
- Any item that is incomplete
- Savings Bonds
- Any item that is “stale-dated” or “post dated”
- Any third party check, item made payable to someone other than yourself or other authorized signers on the account
- Any item with a restrictive endorsement
Q. What are the reasons a deposit through Mobile Deposit could be refused?
A. The system may automatically reject checks for any of the following reasons:
- The check image isn’t readable
- The check is folded or torn
- The check isn’t signed on the front or on the back
- The check amount doesn’t match what the member entered
- The check meets one of the definitions above as an item that can’t be deposited through mobile deposit.
Q. Will Mobile Deposit work on all models of iPads?
A. No, at this time, Mobile Deposit is not available on 1st and 2nd Generation iPads. (These have model numbers: A1395, A1397, A1396, A1219, A1337. The model number can be found on the back of the iPad in very small writing.)
Q. What should I do with my original check once it’s deposited?
A. We recommend that you store your original check for 30 days (do NOT write “void” on it) and then destroy it to ensure it is not re-presented for payment.