Checking accounts that are good for your wallet and your conscience.
While many banks are asking you to pay for a checking account, Trailhead not only offers free checking accounts, but also has a checking account that pays you in cash.
Plus, by choosing a checking account with Trailhead you will be a central part of the banking-local movement, while simultaneously avoiding excessive fees that you may find elsewhere. Make a difference in your community and bank with a “Small Enough to Know Better” Credit Union.
Checking Options at a glance
Compare Checking Accounts
Kasasa Cash Checking
|Interest Rate||3% APY* on balances up to $10,000 when you meet the monthly qualifications||N/A|
|ATM Fee Refunds (other banks' fees)||YES when you meet the monthly qualifications||N/A|
|No monthly fee|
|No minimum balance|
|Free Debit Card|
|Free Online Banking and BillPay|
|Free Mobile Banking with Mobile Deposit|
|Automatic payment loan rate discount eligibility|
|Automatically set cash aside with Kasasa Saver||N/A|
|Apply||Apply Now||Apply Now|
KASASA CASH CHECKING MONTHLY REQUIREMENTS
To get the 3.00% APY, deposited to your Kasasa Saver account and receive nationwide ATM fee refunds, you will need to do the following each month:
- Have at least 10 debit card purchases post and clear
- Have at least one direct deposit or ACH automatic debit post and clear
- Receive and review monthly eStatements
If you miss a month, don’t worry!
If there’s a month you don’t meet the qualifications, don’t worry, there’s no penalty and you still have a free checking account that earns a base interest rate of 0.05%APY. Plus, the next month you qualify you’ll be back to earning 3.00%APY and receiving nationwide ATM fee refunds.
* APY = Annual Percentage Yield.
* Kasasa Cash & Kasasa Saver: APYs accurate as of 1/1/2015 Rates may change after account is opened. Minimum to open is $25 for Kasasa Cash and $5 for Kasasa Saver. For Kasasa Cash, if qualifications are met each monthly qualification cycle: (1) Domestic ATM fees occurred durring qualification cycle will be reimbursed and credited to account on the last day of monthly statement cycle; (2) balances up to $10,000 receive APY of 3.00%; and (3) balances over $10,000 earn 0.25% dividend rate on the portion of the balance over $10,000, resulting in 3.00%—0.53% APY depending on the balance. If qualifications are not met on Kasasa Cash all balances earn 0.05% APY. Qualifying transactions must post to and clear Kasasa Cash account during monthly qualification cycle. Transactions may take one or more banking days from the date transaction was made to post to and clear account. “Monthly Qualification Cycle” means a period beginning one day prior to the first day of the current statement cycle through one day prior to the close of the current statement cycle. The advertised Kasasa Cash APY is based on compounding interest. Interest earned Kasasa Cash is automatically transferred Kasasa Saver each statement cycle and does not compound. Actual interest amount paid may be less than advertised Kasasa Cash APY. The Kasasa Saver APYs may be less than Kasasa Cash APYs. If qualifications in Kasasa Cash are met each monthly qualification cycle: (1) balances up to $10,000 in Kasasa Saver receive an APY of 1.50%; and (2) balances over $10,000 in Kasasa Saver earn 0.25% dividend rate on portion of balance over $10,000, resulting in 1.50% — 0.38% APY depending on the balance. If qualifications are not met on Kasasa Cash, all balances in Kasasa Saver earn 0.05% APY. Transfers between accounts do not count as qualifying transactions. ATM receipt must be presented for reimbursement of an individual ATM fee of $5.00 or higher.